Friday, December 24, 2010

Step in time

I saw Mary Poppins on Tuesday at the Detroit Opera House. It was AMAZING! Very different from the movie, although I do love the movie. The music was great and the dancing was spectacular. Though, my friend and I were sitting in the "nose-bleed" section, we were pretty far away, we still had a good view of things. The guy who played Bert, even though his accent was so-so, was really talented. His voice was awesome and during the Step In Time scene (my favorite in the movie and this show) he walked up the side wall of the stage (proscenium arch, if you will), kept going, and when he was on the ceiling, he began dancing with the rest only he was upside-down. On the ceiling. Tap dancing. MIND BLOWN. I also really enjoyed the ensemble, they were quite talented (I loved the dancing!!!!). This post isn't really doing the show justice, but it was a fantastic show. You're just going to have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment